[ad_1]
In a setback to US President, Federal judge on Friday blocked Donald Trump administration’s decision to bar foreign student enrolment at Harvard University.The development came amid Harvard filing the lawsuit in US District Court in Massachusetts.The temporary restraining order stops the government from pulling Harvard’s certification in the Student and Exchange Visitor Program, which allows the school to host international students with visas to study in the US, reported AP.In a lawsuit filed Friday in federal court in Boston, Harvard termed the government’s action a ‘blatant violation’ of the US Constitution and said that it will have an “immediate and devastating effect for Harvard and more than 7,000 visa holders.””With the stroke of a pen, the government has sought to erase a quarter of Harvard’s student body, international students who contribute significantly to the University and its mission,” Harvard said.”Without its international students, Harvard is not Harvard,” the 389-year-old school added.Harvard, based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, has pushed back hard against Trump, having previously sued to restore some $3 billion in federal grants that had been frozen or canceled.Harvard enrols almost 6,800 foreign students at its campus in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Most are graduate students and they come from more than 100 countries.The Trump administration decision has raised concerns over the legal status of thousands of students, including nearly 800 from India, currently enrolled at the varsity.on Thursday, the Trump administration ordered the Department of Homeland Security to terminate Harvard University’s Student and Exchange Visitor Programme (SEVP) certification.“This means Harvard can no longer enrol foreign students and existing foreign students must transfer or lose their legal status,” the federal agency said.Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem said in a letter dated May 22 to Harvard University that “I am writing to inform you that effective immediately, Harvard University’s Student and Exchange Visitor Programme certification is revoked.”
[ad_2]
Source link
Federal judge blocks Trump administration decision to revoke Harvard’s ability to enrol international students | Today News
May 23, 2025
Read next
How Do I Wear Socks Without Looking Like a Schoolgirl?
February 5, 2024
[ad_1] Socks seem to be everywhere right now, even on the red carpet. But is it really possible to wear them as…
3 min read
50 views
New poll shock for Donald Trump: Majority of Americans say US President is failing on economy and inflation | Today News
April 13, 2025
[ad_1] A new poll conducted between April 8–11, 2025, with a nationally representative sample of 2,410 US…
2 min read
3 views
Pak Army Chief’s ‘Kashmir a jugular vein’ remark in spotlight after Pahalgam terror attack. What did General Munir say? | Today News
April 23, 2025
[ad_1] Pahalgam Terror Attack: The terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir’s Pahalgam that killed 26 people,…
3 min read
2 views
‘Fighter’ day 3 advance booking: Hrithik Roshan and Deepika Padukone starrer earns Rs 9.28 crore | Hindi Movie News – Times of India
January 27, 2024
[ad_1] Hrithik Roshan and Deepika Padukone starrer aerial action drama ‘Fighter‘ released on January…
2 min read
23 views