Antara Mitra (conceived 10 July 1987) is an Indian playback artist. Mitra came to spotlight when she turned into a challenger in the well known singing unscripted TV drama Indian Idol 2 of every 2006. Mitra become all the more notable and gained appreciation after the arrival of her two part harmonies Gerua and Janam with Arijit Singh. She likewise got huge measure of Indian media inclusion for her singing of the Dilwale tunes. Her Baby Jaan tune from Bhaijaan Elo Re got a staggering reaction on YouTube, and made a record of turning into the quickest Bengali language video track to arrive at 1 million perspectives on YouTube.
Early life and struggles
Mitra is from Maslandapur, an unassuming community in West Bengal, close to Calcutta, India. Mitra grew up with music generally around her: her dad is a music educator. Since the age of three, Mitra would chime in with different youngsters who came to her home to gain from her dad. Mitra began doing organize singing exhibitions since the age of 6. Mitra was more disposed towards the singing of her auntie. Her auntie used to sing for All India Radio. She sung Bengali Folk tunes during her growing up days. She showed a sharp early interest in music, and her dad upheld her. She was acknowledged as a contender at age 18 on a public TV show and contended splendidly as a finalist in both that show and a progressive comparative show Junoon. At one time she considered concentrating on medication, however deserted the thought for chasing after an expert singing profession.
Mitra partook in the Indian Idol season 2. However she arrived at the main five yet got wiped out. At the point when Mitra was wiped out from the challenge, notable music chief Anu Malikoffered her playback singing work, however Mitra got back to her old neighborhood and soon a while later (April 2006) she moved to Mumbai to seek after a vocal-execution for-film soundtrack profession. She then, at that point, took an interest as a component of the Bollywood group of singer candidates in another well known Indian TV unscripted TV drama, Junoon – Kuchh Kar Dikhaane Ka, where again she was not the victor, but she considers the two shows learning and profession improvement encounters, and offered thanks to the TV crowd, makers and judges of the two challenges for permitting her chances to perform for the transmission crowd and judges while contending.
During her initial days in a city like Mumbai, she figured out how to get by devouring moment noodles like Maggi and burger as they were modest. Mitra gained broad appreciation as a vocalist after her two part harmonies melodies Gerua and Janam became hits in the year 2015, which was very nearly 9 years after she moved to Mumbai.
Mitra sings in different dialects: Hindi, Urdu, Bengali, and English and is dynamic in the Bollywood film soundtrack music industry. In a meeting to the Times of India in 2010, Mitra said thanks to and offered her thanks to Music Director Pritam, as he was the first to show confidence in her ability, as around then all movie tunes for which she had loan her vocals were created by Pritam. Mitra got positive surveys for her initially hit tune “Bheegi Bhaagi Si” a two part harmony with Mohit Chauhan from Hindi film Rajneeti. Mitra gained far reaching appreciation for her acclaimed two part harmony tunes Gerua, Janam co-sung with Arijit Singh.
Indian Idol 2 performances
- “Dama Dam Mast Kalandar” (Runa Laila)
- The judges liked it, however Anu Malik was a bit hesitant.
- “Kaisi Paheli Hai” (Parineeta)
- Mitra was through to the piano round!
- “Hume To Loot Liya Milke Husn Waalon Ne” (Private album) – Most votes
- Mitra received good comments, especially from Anu, “I think I have found my playback singer,” and made it through to the finals with the most votes.
Recordings and appearances
- Woh Pehli Baar album – sang a group number and solo “Tu Rutha To”.
- TV appearances have included specials (and soap operas) including Navarati, Thodi Khushi Thode Gham, Music Masti Dhoom, Kyunki, Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil, Kitani Mohabbat Hai, K for Kishore and auditioning contestants in Bhopal for Indian Idol 3.
- Was a contestant on Adnan’s Bol Baby Bol show (won 200,000 for reciting famous song lyrics).
- Joined Nauman and Salman in Koi Aane Ko Hai, another Ekta Kapoor soap opera (broadcast on Colors).
- Was a semi-finalist (as a member of the Bollywood contingent) on Junoon – Kuchh Kar Dikhaane Ka singing contest (reality show on NDTV Imagine).
- Was a contestant who reached the final four in IPL Rockstar contest (reality show on Colors).
- Recorded songs in Bengali (Doshomi), Haryanvi (Tera Mera Vaada), etc.
- Sung a song ek duje ke which is used in the famous serial yeh rishta Kya kehlata hai.