Pandit Arun Kashalkar (conceived 5 January 1943) is an Indian old style entertainer. He is an educator to numerous understudies and acts in India and abroad. His singing is a mix of Gwalior, Jaipur and Agra styles, with the accentuation on Agra.
Arun Kashalkar first gained music from his dad, N. D. Kashalkar, a legal counselor and musicologist. He then, at that point, concentrated under D.V. Panke and Rajabhau Kogje (pupil of Vinayakrao Patwardhan). Arun likewise got preparing from Smash Marathe, Gajananrao Joshi and Babanrao Haldankar.
As a vocalist
Arun Kashalkar in show, Vibhav Nageshkar on Tabla. Arun’s singing has an accentuation on the exuberant and mood situated style of the Agra gharana. His exhibitions are known for the quintessence of Agra with his utilization of ‘nomtom’, ‘bols’, ‘taans’ with incredible power and vast inventiveness. He has formed north of 150 bandishes in his book ‘Swar Archana’ under the pen name ‘Rasdaas’. He has played out all over India, as well as Singapore and the USA.
As a guru
Arun’s followers incorporate Mukul Kulkarni, (reviewed by All India Radio and a performing entertainer). Ravindra Parchure is his unmistakable pupil who gained from him in conventional Master Shishya way of learning. He additionally visits Singapore where he performs and gives studios at the Sanctuary of Expressive arts.
- Senior Fellowship awarded by Dept of Culture, Govt. of India, for Outstanding Artists for the research “Impact of Gharana based training and successful techniques to impart quality music education”.
- “Sangeet Ratna” by Kashi Sangeet Samaj, Varanasi, March 2010
- “Sangeetacharya” by Akhil Bharatiya Gandharva Mahavidyalay – his thesis “Aesthetic principles in Ustad Vilayat Hussain Khan’s compositions”
- Sangeet Shikshak Puraskar, Dadar
- Maharashtra Sangeet Samaj, Ujjain, honoured Pandit Arun Kashalkar for his contribution in the field of Indian classical music
- Swar Sadhana Puraskar, Mumbai
- Open classical vocal competition: Arun Kashalkar (at age 13) was awarded first prize at the hands of Hon. Chief Minister, Madhya Pradesh, in 1955