Road Academics was a thought presented by Rjv Ernesto in 1999, as a little gathering for expressed word verse and making stop tapes. Later he was acquainted with Haris Saleem through hip-bounce networks in Myspace and Orkut. In the wake of recording different demo tracks, they got Amjad Nadeem, Abhimanyu Raman and Pranav to push ahead as a hip-jump aggregate in 2009. Keyboardist and music maker Ruthin Thej worked with the gathering to create several singles, prior to passing on to seek after his profession as keyboardist for Thaikkudam Bridge. Later Vivek Radhakrishnan joined the gathering as the DJ/maker giving a bass-arranged sound. They began working together with the social music aggregate Mappila Lahala, drove by movie producer Muhsin Parari, to deliver politically arranged singles which included veteran entertainer Mamukkoya and public honor winning author Bijibal. The gathering has likewise shaped vanguard hip-bounce project Palakkadan Dystopia to deliver singles and proceeded to work together with test theater acts, performing shows which consolidated expressed word, theater, hip-jump music and spray painting. Subsequent to chipping away at singles and gatherings throughout the long term, the gathering delivered a total multilingual collection named “Circle” inexactly dependent on seven destructive sins.
On July thirteenth 2019, a live execution of Street Academics alongside Bandish Projekt and Swadesi, was hindered by a gathering of individuals who requested the setting authorities to play Kannada melodies, rather than the gathering’s unique Malayalam tracks, as they were in Bengaluru. The gathering’s set was stopped and constrained off stage. Later the exhibition, rapper/singer Amjad and not many of his companions were removed by the police, purportedly for causing public aggravation. Scene the board later delivered a public assertion, saying ‘sorry’ to Street Academics with respect to the episode. The gathering delivered a dissent tune named “Hara” alongside a music video, and performed it live during Citizenship Amendment Act fights at Kozhikode.
Subjects and impacts
Individuals express that they got going through hammer verse prior to getting acquainted with hip-bounce music. Rjv Ernesto refers to verbally expressed word verse and sports/supportive of wrestling discourse as his impact in rap music. Fostering an interest towards drum performances, he made thumps by removing pieces of tape from tapes utilizing a disposable cutter and sticking them back prior to embedding the tape into the cartridge. The gathering’s multilingual lyricism generally raises inquiries of articulation and character, confirming the spot of vernacular rap in India, being one of the principal acts to do as such. Road Academics is viewed as one of the most seasoned free hip-bounce outfits in India. They are noted for spearheading Malayalam rap with genuine substance and multisyllabic rhyme designs, against the clever farce picture that rap/hip-bounce music has had in their locale. Despite the fact that the creation depends on negligible blast bap arranged testing as the spine, the aggregate exertion shows impacts of lo-fi, misfire, society, surrounding, R&B, jazz verse, grime and funk. A large portion of the subjects are set in a substitute reality or a dystopian world, frequently introduced from the account method of different modify self images. It is noticed that greater part of those plots are between associated and follow a specific nonlinear storyline all through the body of their work. The gathering’s singles Vandi Puncture and Native Bapa, both delivered in 2012, are frequently considered answerable for taking Malayalam hip-bounce music to standard.
Rjv Ernesto (Pakarcha Vyadhi) – Rapper, MC, lyricist, music maker, spray painting author.
Dr. Haris Saleem (Maapla) – Rapper, lyricist.
Amjad Nadeem (Azuran) – Rapper, MC, lyricist, singer, music maker.
Vivek Radhakrishnan (V3K) – Music maker, DJ, singer, rapper, record maker.
Arjjun (Imbachi) – Rapper, MC, lyricist, singer, b-kid.
Sai Giridhar – Filmmaker, editorial manager, cinematographer.
Ruthin Thej – Music maker.
Abhimanyu Raman (Earthgrime) – Rapper, lyricist, music maker.
Pranav CH – Rapper, lyricist.
Sandeep Thulasidas (Yestey) – Music maker, DJ, record maker.
1. Aathmasphere EP (2013)
2. Chatha Kaakka EP (2016)
3. Circle (2019)
1. Circle Flip (2020)
2. Kaliyug Remix (2020)
1. Paisa – “Paisa” with Rahul Raj, Aby Salvin Thomas, Namitha Correya and Carl Frenies (2013)
2. Valiyaperunnal – “Uyirullavaram” with Rex Vijayan, Benny Dayal, Anwar Ali (2019)
3. Mariyam Vannu Vilakkoothi – “Thala Therichoru Aalkkoottam” with Wazim Ashraf, Murali Krishnan, Sandhoop Narayanan (2020)
1. Find happiness in the hereafter (2011)
2. Vandi Puncture (2012)
3. Local Bapa ft. Mappila Lahala (2012)
4. Caught In Rhymes (2013)
5. Aathmasphere (2013)
6. Angot Onnai (2013)
7. 16 Adiyanthiram (2015)
8. Memorial service of a Native Son ft. Mappila Lahala (2016)
9. Chatha Kaakka (2016)
10. Space Station ft. Space Behind The Yellow Room (2017)
11. Kalapila (2017)
12. Aara? (2019)
13. Kolilakkam (2019)
14. Hara (2019)
15. Pambaram (2020)
16. Pambaram – V3K Remix (2020)
17. Kalapila – V3K Remix (2020)
18. Kaliyug ft. Hrishi (2020)
19. Walayar (2021)
20. Pathiye (2021)
21. Sometime in the future (2021)
1. Palakkadan Dystopia – Narakasabha (2017)
2. Palakkadan Dystopia and Dead Author – Kaav (2020)
1. Rjv Ernesto – Industrial Area (2003, 2006, 2008)
2. Maapla – Biohazard (2010)
3. Rjv Ernesto – Country Fellow EP: The Clairvoyant Of Alter Egos (2012)
4. Haven Of Philosophy – A Bottle of Paranoia EP (2012)
5. Earthgrime and Sez – Standalone Complex Vol 1: Paradox EP (2012)
6. Earthgrime and Sez – Geostatis EP (2012)
7. V3K – Psycle Edukk (2012)
8. Earthgrime – Street Lights In The Sun LP (2013)
9. V3K – The Gateway EP (2013)
10. Road Academics – Rest In Peace (2014)
11. Beat The Queen: The Death of Rjv Ernesto (2015)
12. Liquid Wax: The Revenge of Rjv Ernesto (2016)
13. Shrapnels: The Autopsy of Rjv Ernesto (2016)
14. V3K – 240P: Third World Bass EP (2016)
15. Delving In The Wasteland: The Filth of Rjv Ernesto (2017)
16. V3K – 1010B and The Broken Laptop (2018)
17. Sex And Time Altering Nibs: The Hand of Rjv Ernesto (2018)
18. 25th Hour: The Miscarriages of Rjv Ernesto (2018)
19. V3K – Mojo (2019)
20. V3K – Minni (2020)