Sudeep Kumar is an Indian playback artist. He sings Indian old style, reflection, and well known music. He has kept in excess of 5000 tunes in dialects including Malayalam, Tamil, Kannada and Sanskrit, during a vocation traversing twenty years. He is the leader of Malayalam playback vocalists’ affiliation SAMAM (Singers’ Association-Malayalam Movies)
Sudeep is brought into the world to Kainakary Surendran and Rajamma. Sudeep had his schooling at St Joseph’s High School, Punnapra, SD College, Alappuzha, from where he did his graduation in Malayalam, and Government Law school, Thiruvananthapuram. He is hitched to old style artist Kalamandalam Sophia. They have two little girls, Minsara and Neehara.
Playback singing career
Debut and early career
The beginning phases of his profession were set apart by singing for shows and collections. He worked with remarkable artists including his coach Kalavoor Balan, N.P. Prabhakaran, Alleppey Vivekanandan, Alleppey Rishikesh, Kumarakam Rajappan, Vypin Surendran, K.M.Udayan, T.S.Radhakrishnan, Sebi Nayarambalam, Samji Aarattupuzha, M.G.Anil, Raveendran Thiruvalla, Vidhyadharan ace, R.Somasekharan, Jerry Amaldev, Johnson, Raveendran, M.G.Radhakrishnan, Perumbavoor G.Raveendranath, V.Dakshinamoorthy, M.K.Arjunan, and G.Devarajan.
His first film audio Thalolam released in 1998 (lyrics and music by Kaithapram) was produced by Johny Sagariga, who introduced him to the audio industry. It was in 1999 that Sudeep Kumar met Devarajan master which proved to be a turning point in his career. In the year 2000, when Devarajan master conducted a stage show titled Five promising singers of the new millennium, Sudeep Kumar was one among the five.
Sudeep Kumar was presented as a playback vocalist by the chief Vinayan in his film Oomapenninu Uriyaadappayyan. The soundtrack of the film was formed by Mohan Sitara and verses were written by Yusuf Ali Kecheri. In this way, he got melodies in Vinayan’s motion pictures like Kattu Chembakam, Vellinakshatram and Albhuthadweepu (Malayalam and Tamil). Throughout the long term he connected with music chiefs like Ousepachan, Mohan Sitara, M.M.Keeravani, Kaithapram, Rajamani, Berny Ignatious, M.G. Sreekumar, Kaithapram Viswanathan, Bijibal, Rony Raphael, Shan Rahman and Gopi Sundar
Composer M.Jayachandran gave major opportunities for Sudeep Kumar which placed him as a playback singer in the Malayalam film industry. They have worked together in more than 20 films in Malayalam and the result has been hit songs such as Odiyan (Kondoram), Madambi (Ente sharike), Shikar (Enthedi), Rathinirvedam(Chempakapoo), Chattakari (Nilave), and Swapna sanchari (Vellaramkunnileri).
On television he has compered music-related programmes on Asianet, namely Pa Dha Ni Sa, Gaanasamasya, Music Live, and Limelight. He has appeared in Sangeethasaagaram and as a guest performer in Idea Star Singer. He has worked as a mentor on the music reality show Gandharvasangeetham on Kairali TV . He has also worked as a groomer in Idea Star Singer Season 3 and 6 and Amritha Junior Superstar.
- Kerala State Award
- 2012 – Won – Best Male Playback Singer – “Chempakapoo.” – Rathinirvedam
- Other Awards
- 2009 – Vayalar Chalachithra Award for Best Male Playback Singer – “Madhuram Gayathi Meera” – Benaras
- 2011 – KAVIA Singer of the year Award for Best Male Playback Singer – “Enthedi” -(Shikkar )
- 2009 – P.Bhaskaran Foundation Film Award for Best Male Playback Singer – “Chempakapoo” – (Rathinirvedam )
- 2009 – Jesy Foundation Film Award for Best Male Playback Singer – “Chempakapoo” – Rathinirvedam
- 2009 – Radio Mirchi South Indian Film Music Award for Best Male Playback Singer – “Chempakapoo” – (Rathinirvedam )
- 2008 – Jeevan TV Award for the Bbest Album Singer – “Ekakikalude Geetham” – Ekakikalude Geetham
- 2014 – Kerala Film Critics Association Award – Best Male Singer – “Vaarmathiye” – ( Once Upon a time, There Was a Kallan )
- 2018 Vanitha Film Award – Male singer – Best duet song – ” Kondoram”-Odiyan